Kotlin or Java for Beginners
The Kotlin is a young language which is very famous in the year. So it is very difficult to find the good developers who are experienced in Kotlin programming. Now Kotlin is the official language of android announced by the Google in the year of 2017.
If you are a beginner to Android programming, it’s good to learn Java as the first programming language to get the basic programming ideas about the OOPs concept that helps you to learn Kotlin more easily.
If you are looking for a bright future as an android developer, you have to learn the two languages for better experience in android development.
Let’s go through the comparison between Java and Kotlin.
- Java is a high level programming language which is robust and object- oriented in nature which is developed by the famous Sun Microsystems.
- Kotlin is also objected oriented in nature and is statically-typed, general-purpose programming language developed by the programmers of JetBrains and also it is the first option to android development.
Here are the comparison of some features in Kotlin vs Java
- Exceptions are the first feature that we are discussed to find the major difference in Kotlin and Java. Before that let’s go through the question of what is an exception? Exceptions are nothing but some problems that affect the normal flow of the program in execution. In Java, checked exceptions are available, but it’s not supported by Kotlin.
- The second feature is extension function, it’s also available in Kotlin but in Java we need to create a class to perform the extension function.
- The next feature is constructors, both Java and Kotlin support the feature of a constructor with a slight difference in nature. The Kotlin has primary and secondary constructor to perform its actions, but in Java it uses parameters to initialize attributes.
Apart from these features the most important one is the interoperability of both the language means we can tell us Java and Kotlin both of them are 100% interoperable with each other.
The interoperability helps you to call Kotlin codes from Java, and vice versa. So we can define the Kotlin and Java classes to side-by-side within the same project, and everything will still compile.
The Future of Kotlin
The future of Kotlin as the first option language for android, the main benefit of Kotlin in Android is undeniably the future of development. Many companies are adopting Kotlin as their official Android programming language. So we can expect more new trends are coming soon with Kotlin to make a revolution in android development lets learn all of it with STEPS to become an expert in android career.
To view this blog : https://www.stepskochi.com/blog/kotlin-or-java-for-beginners/